Ex-Tropical Cyclone Oswald and associated flooding
About Ex-Tropical Cyclone Oswald and associated flooding
Strong winds and rain from ex-Tropical Cyclone Oswald caused significant property damage and widespread flooding in the following council areas from January 2013:
- Banana Shire Council
- Brisbane City
- Bundaberg Regional Council
- Fraser Coast Regional Council
- Gladstone Regional Council
- Gold Coast
- Goondiwindi Regional Council
- Gympie Regional Council
- Ipswich Regional Council
- Lockyer Valley Regional Council
- Logan City
- Moreton Bay Regional Council
- North Burnett Regional Council
- Redland City
- Rockhampton City and the areas immediately surrounding Rockhampton
- Scenic Rim
- Somerset Regional Council
- South Burnett
- Southern Downs Regional Council
- Sunshine Coast Regional Council
- Toowoomba Regional Council
- Western Downs Regional Council
The Queensland Government activated Personal Hardship Assistance Scheme grant packages for the affected areas from January 2013.
Applications for Emergent Assistance Grants closed on 1 March 2013.
Reconstruction continues. The Queensland Reconstruction Authority provides regular updates on the reconstruction efforts.
Natural disasters can have a devastating impact on individuals and families.