Gold Residential Project
The Gold Residential Project is for Gold Award participants only.
This section of The Duke of Ed encourages you to broaden your life experience by working with others towards a common goal. It takes place in a residential setting.
It encourages personal achievements, enhanced social connections with new and interesting people and is a truly life changing experience.
- You must participate in a purposeful activity away from where you live with people who are not your everyday companions—in Australia or another country.
- Your activity must run for at least 5 days and 4 nights.
Personal development courses
- Coaching and activity courses
- General training and adventure courses
- Residential language courses
- Leadership development courses.
- Construction project
- Leader for a school camp or school holiday camp
- Environmental conservation project
- Community service projects—overseas or in Australia.
- Cultural experiences—including overseas student exchanges.
For more ideas, check out the list of Award activity ideas or .