Children's holiday camps
Camps allow children to develop leadership, social and physical skills. They help children learn about team building, working in groups and interacting with others in a different environment.
School holiday camps
We run 2 Active Recreation Centres, on the Gold and Sunshine Coasts. Each centre hosts daily activities throughout the Queensland school holidays including high ropes, surfing, rock climbing and canoeing.
There are also many camps for children in the holiday season that are run by private organisations or community groups.
- YMCA camping has 3 camp sites in Queensland. They offer a range of activities including orienteering, bushwalking, canoeing and indoor climbing.
- PGL Adventure Camp Kindilan host school activity camps, outdoor education and adventure holiday programs.
- Outward Bound has both school camps and holiday camps, offering outdoor education programs and adventure courses. The closest location is Wollumbin National Park, Uki, New South Wales.
- Private organisations offer holiday camps, including sports, arts, and farm camps. You can send your child to camp for 2 days or 2 weeks.
- Outdoors Queensland has a directory of organisations that run tours and camps.
Read more about:
School camps allow students to take part in curriculum-related activities outside the normal classroom environment.
Students learn about team building, working in groups and social interaction.
Camps and excursions are carefully planned by your school and managed to ensure that activities are safe for all students and staff. Parental permission is always sought.