Replacing your licence—online or in person

If your licence has been lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed you can apply for a replacement licence:

Apply online

Replace your licence

Applying in person

You will need to:

You no longer have to complete a driver licence application form when visiting a Department of Transport and Main Roads Customer Service Centre.

You will still need to complete a driver licence application form (F3000) at police stations and most QGAP offices.

You may need to have your photo taken when you apply to replace your licence.

A new licence will be sent to you by standard mail. If you have signed up for e-reminders we will email you when your licence is posted.

If a Magistrates Court has granted you a special hardship order or you have been immediately suspended for a drink or drug driving offence and an order has been granted allowing you to drive until the date of a court hearing, you will need to apply for a replacement licence showing the appropriate condition.