Applying for a Seniors Card
We are aware of an unofficial website which charges applicants a fee in exchange for a Seniors Card.
Please be aware that the Seniors Card is free and you will never be requested to pay a fee.
If you have provided payment to an unofficial website, you should contact your bank immediately and consider making a report to Scamwatch.
You can use the link below to apply for your free Seniors Card.
You can apply for all card types using the same online application.
Or you can apply for your Seniors Card, find out what concessions you may be eligible for an apply for them at the same time.
If your application is successful, you will receive your card within 4 weeks.
To be eligible for Seniors Card, Seniors Card+go or a Seniors Business Discount Card, you must:
- be a permanent resident of Queensland.
- live in Queensland for at least 6 months of the year and your home address must be shown on your driver licence, or be registered as your home address with (at least) 1 of the following:
- Electoral Commission of Queensland
- Commonwealth Department of Veterans' Affairs.
In addition to the residency requirements, you must also meet age/work requirements for each card type.
Seniors Card or Seniors Card+go
To be eligible for a Seniors Card or Seniors Card+go you must be:
- 65 years or older and working less than 35 hours a week in paid employment
- 60–64 years, working less than 35 hours a week in paid employment and the holder of 1 of the below:
- Commonwealth Pensioner Concession Card*
- Commonwealth Health Care Card*
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold, White or Orange card.
*Listed partners and dependants can apply by phoning 13 QGOV (13 74 68).
Seniors Business Discount Card
To be eligible for a Seniors Business Discount Card, you must be 60 years or older.
Proof of age and address
When you apply, you'll be asked to provide 1 of the numbers below:
- your Centrelink customer reference number (CRN)
- your Department of Veterans' Affairs file number
- Queensland driver licence number
- Queensland adult proof of age or photo identification card number.
The name on your official document must be the same name used in your application.
How to apply
There is 1 application process for all 3 card types. You will be issued with a card based on your eligibility.
If you have a card and your eligibility has changed, you can upgrade, replace or cancel your card online or call 13 QGOV (13 74 68).
You can apply up to 2 months prior to your 60th birthday (your card will be issued when you turn 60):
Fill out the online Seniors Card application form.
Print and complete the application form, then post it to:
Smart Service Queensland
Reply Paid 10817
Brisbane Adelaide Street QLD 4000
You can print the application form here:
Call 13 QGOV (13 74 68) to complete your application over the phone.