How to refer children to the FairPlay voucher program
If you are approved to become a referral agent, and once a round has opened, you will be allocated vouchers subject to their availability. You will be notified via email and will be able to see vouchers allocated to you on your homepage.
There is no guarantee that all referral agents will receive referral vouchers.
Round 7 expiry and redemption dates have been extended for 2 weeks.
- 20 July 2022: round 7 opened
- 28 September 2022: round 7 closed
- 9 November 2022: vouchers expire and must have been presented to an activity provider
- 23 November 2022: vouchers must be redeemed by activity providers.
Who you can refer
When you register as a referral agent you will be declaring that, in your professional capacity, you have identified children who genuinely require financial assistance to join a registered provider.
If a child has a valid Services Australia Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card they do not need a referral agent and can apply directly online when the round opens.
Only refer children who can use the voucher
Vouchers issued by referral agents are limited as a percentage of the overall vouchers available for each round. Please consider this when requesting voucher numbers, and ensure vouchers are for children in genuine financial need.
Families must be able to pay any ‘gap’ in membership, registration or participation fees if the costs are greater than $150.
Referring family members
You cannot refer an immediate family member, but you can refer a child or young person that is part of your extended family. You still need to demonstrate the reasons why the child should receive support.
Referring children to an organisation you are part of
If you are a member or employee of an activity provider then you cannot refer a child to that same organisation. However, you can assist the parent, guardian or carer in applying for the voucher or locating a different activity provider.
Helping with voucher applications
You can help families to access FairPlay vouchers by:
- helping families set up an account and apply for a voucher
- providing access to a computer
- helping families to find a registered activity provider
- applying for vouchers on their behalf.
How to apply
- Review the eligibility and if eligible, click ‘Register’ an account.
- Use your official work email to register.
- Register to login.
- Complete your user profile and read the privacy statement.
- Follow the steps and click save.
- If you are directed to the voucher application page, go to apply for a voucher; or if you are on the 'Select Account Type' screen, click ‘Register’ under 'Individual Account'.
- Click ‘Apply’ next to register as a referral agent.
- Open and read the privacy statement. Click ‘OK’.
- Follow the prompts and save to submit your registration.
- Your application to become a referral agent will be assessed by the department, and you will be advised of the outcome within 1-2 weeks.
- Once approved, you may apply for a voucher on the families’ behalf or send the application on for them to complete themselves (they will need to register an individual Enquire account themselves first).
- Once approved you can apply for vouchers. On the homepage, access your user profile and see any past vouchers.
- To check your membership status, select ‘Account Details’, ‘Panels’ and you will see your membership status as ‘Active’ if approved. You will also receive an email confirming the outcome.