Applying for a FairPlay voucher
Parents, carers or guardians can apply for a voucher valued up to $150 for their child, which can be used towards sport and active recreation membership, registration or participation fees with registered activity providers.
There is a limit of 1 voucher per child per calendar year.
- Round 4 is now closed – Applications closed 17 March 2021
- 12 May 2021: Vouchers expire and must have been presented to an activity provider.
- 26 May 2021: Vouchers must be redeemed by activity providers.
1. Check if your child is eligible
You can apply if your child:
- is a Queensland resident aged from 5 to 17 years (inclusive) at the time of application
- did not receive a FairPlay voucher this year
- holds, or whose parent, carer or guardian holds, a valid Department of Human Services Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card with the child’s name on it.
If you aren't eligible
If you are experiencing financial hardship but don't meet the eligibility criteria, you can seek to apply through a registered referral agent.
2. Make sure your activity is available
Search the activity provider directory to check that:
- your chosen activity is listed
- there is a registered provider near you.
3. Read the terms and conditions
Read and understand the FairPlay voucher application terms and conditions.
4. Access the QGrants online system
Watch the video to find out how you can apply for a FairPlay voucher when the round is open.
If you are successful
If your application is successful, your voucher will appear on the screen and a copy will be sent to your registered email address (you may need to check your junk mail).