Find national parks and forests
Search for a park or forest
- Search for a park or forest by location—find a park or forest in your area or in a new region you’d like to visit.
- Browse parks by facilities - many parks have facilities for visitors such as picnic areas, camp fire and generator allowances, barbeques, and toilets; but you may need to be self-sufficient if the park is new or remote.
- Find parks and forests for camping–facilities are different at each camping area, so make sure you read the camping information provided at each park or forest.
- Browse parks and forests with wheelchair access–many parks and forests allow access for people using a wheelchair, people with vision impairment, and parents with children in strollers. You should check which parks are suitable for your specific needs.
Find park information
- View a list of our most popular parks.
- View a list of national parks and a national park map.
- Get an overview of national parks and their facilities by region.
- Find out about our marine parks and wildlife parks.
- Learn about our World Heritage Areas or seven recreation areas protected for conservation.
- Contact your local council for national parks and recreation sites.
- Visit the National Parks Association of Queensland website for more information.
Park safety alerts and conditions
For your safety, before visiting a park or forest you should:
- Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
- Check weather conditions at the Bureau of Meteorology website.
- Check road conditions at the Queensland Government's traffic and travel information website.
- Receive park alert updates by following @QldParkAlerts on Twitter or by subscribing to one of the park alerts RSS feeds.
Visitor guides (brochures)
The following PDF files can be printed.
- Cooloola Recreation Area and surrounds (PDF, 4.7MB)
- D’Aguilar Range (PDF, 4.1MB)
- Fraser Island World Heritage Area and Recreation Area (PDF, 4.5MB)
- Gold Coast and Scenic Rim (PDF, 3.9MB)
- Southern Inland Queensland (PDF, 4.7MB)
- South West Queensland (PDF, 3.6MB)
- Byfield area parks and forests (PDF, 3.8MB)
- Central Queensland Sandstone Belt (PDF, 4.2MB)
- Central West Queensland parks (PDF, 5.6MB)
- Mackay coast and island national parks (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Mackay Highlands and Eungella National Park (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Whitsunday area (PDF, 4.8MB)