Resign as a JP or Cdec

You can use this form to resign from your position as a Justice of the Peace (JP) or Commissioner for Declarations (Cdec) in Queensland.

If, after you resign, you want to be reappointed as a JP or Cdec, you will need to reapply through your State Member of Parliament and redo the mandatory training course.

Return your documents

If you wish to return your seal of office and registration certificate please send them to:

Justices of the Peace Branch
PO Box 5894
West End  QLD  4101

  1. Am I eligible?
    1. Are you currently registered as a JP or Cdec in Queensland? *
    2. You are not eligible

      Contact the relevant authority in your state for more information on how to resign, or contact the Justices of the Peace Branch on 1300 301 147.

  2. Complete your resignation
  3. Your details
    1. Name
    2. Address
  4. Acknowledgement
    • View the privacy statement.