Long service awards for JPs and Cdecs

Justices of the Peace (JPs) and Commissioners for Declarations (Cdecs), registered in Queensland, who have provided 25, 40, 50, 60 or 70 years of continual service, can be nominated by their Member of Parliament (MP) for a long service award.

Long service awards acknowledge the dedication of JPs and Cdecs to their position and are personally signed by the Attorney-General.

Once prepared, your award will be presented to you by your MP.

Read the quarterly lists of JP and Cdec award recipients.

How to apply

To request a long service award you must have served continuously as a JP or Cdec in Queensland for a period of 25, 40, 50, 60 or 70 years.

As you complete this form you will be asked to:

  • provide the date you were appointed—this is the date your notice of appointment appeared in the Queensland Government Gazette. If you don’t know the exact date, you can help us find your records by providing an approximate date
  • upload a copy of your registration certificate, if you have it.

Request a long service award

What happens next

Once you complete this form, it will be sent automatically to your MP, who will nominate you for an award. You don’t need to do anything else. Your MP will contact us to confirm your nomination.

We will prepare your award certificate and give it to the Attorney-General for signing. Once signed, your certificate will be sent back to your MP who will contact you to arrange a time to present you with your award.

This process can take up to 4 weeks.

Contact us

For more information, contact the Justices of the Peace Branch by:

You can also contact your state MP.