Skip links and keyboard navigation

Court orders

A court order is a penalty that is issued when you are found guilty of an offence by a supreme, district or magistrates court in Queensland.

When your court order is registered with the State Penalties Enforcement Registry (SPER), we will send you an enforcement order.

You must pay the debt or take one of the actions listed in the enforcement order by the due date.

If you do not respond in time, we can take a one or more enforcement actions against you.

Unable to pay?

If you can't afford to pay the full amount by the due date, you may be eligible to pay by instalments.

Depending on your circumstances you may also be eligible to pay off your debt by doing unpaid community work.

Appealing a court order

If you disagree with your court-ordered fine, you must contact the court that originally heard the matter.

We do not have the authority to withdraw or waive a court order.

You may be able to have a court-ordered offence reopened or reheard. To find out if you are eligible, contact the court that originally heard the matter.

You should carefully consider whether you have grounds to overturn the decision. If you are unsuccessful in court and the decision is upheld, you will be liable for extra costs.

Have you received a call from SPER?

stop debt escalating

If you have an outstanding SPER debt, you might receive a call from us.

Last updated
18 April 2018
  1. Is your feedback about:
  2. (If you chose ‘website’ above)

    Page feedback

    1. How satisfied are you with your experience today? *
  3. (If you chose ‘service’ above)

    Feedback on government services, departments and staff

    Please use our complaints and compliments form.