My Home Awards
The 2021 My Home Awards celebrate the connections you have to home, community and culture.
To be eligible, you must be a Queensland public housing tenant.
There’s a category for everyone—whether your passion is for gardening, the arts, volunteering, getting involved in your community or celebrating your culture.
Entrants will receive a pack including a tote bag, sunscreen, seeds and a planting guide (while stocks last).
Entry is open to all ages.
Entries close Friday 29 October 2021.
You can enter as an individual and also enter a communal garden.
- House garden:
- You live in a detached house.
- Balcony or courtyard garden:
- You live in a unit, townhouse or apartment, and have a small garden or pot plants in a courtyard or balcony.
- Children’s garden:
- A garden or section of a garden created by people under 18 years.
- Communal garden:
- A garden in the common grounds of a complex. It can be the work of a single gardener or a group of tenants.
- What home means to me:
- Tell us about your relationship to home and why it's important.
- Community and culture:
- Tell us how you connect with or celebrate your community and culture; for example, volunteering, supporting neighbours, sharing what your culture means to you or celebrating cultural events.
Submit a story, poem or photo of your art (whatever creative medium you enjoy).
There are multiple prizes across all categories. Winners will receive a voucher or hamper to the value of:
- $80 for first prize
- $50 for runner up
- $30 for highly commended.
Entries will be judged on effort, creativity and relevance to the nominated category.
How to enter
To enter the garden categories, you can:
- use the online entry form below
- post your entry form using the reply-paid envelope provided
- take your entry form to your nearest Housing Service Centre.
We’ll contact you to arrange a suitable time to visit your garden for judging. Judges will observe COVID-19 protocols including social distancing when visiting your property.
Use the online entry form below.
Get creative and get involved!
Enter the 2021 My Home Awards
Before you start
To enter a Garden category, you’ll need to provide your details and tell us whether you consent to your name and photographs (of you or your garden or both) being published by the department.
To enter a Connections category, you’ll need to provide your details and submit your story, poem or a photo of your art (any creative medium you enjoy).
Your browser is not suppported. Some functionality might not work as expected.
Please upgrade your browser to a version on the supported browser list