Apply for Development by the State
Development proposals by the Queensland (State) Government that involve a place on the Queensland Heritage Register are reviewed by the Queensland Heritage Council.
We conduct a preliminary assessment of a proposal before referring the matter to the Queensland Heritage Council. The Queensland Heritage Council considers the proposed development and if it will substantially affect the cultural heritage significance of the place, a public notice inviting submissions will be required. Some kinds of development may be covered by an exemption certificate and not need to be referred to the Queensland Heritage Council.
The Queensland Heritage Council makes a recommendation to the Minister responsible for the place about whether the development should proceed and any conditions that should be attached to the development. If the Queensland Heritage Council previously invited public submissions about the development, a public notice of the decision will be given before the development starts.
When considering making changes to a heritage place refer to the Guideline: Developing heritage places–Using the development criteria (PDF, 3.4MB) to identify requirements relevant to your specific situation and help you guide and record the development decisions you make.
A report must be prepared by an appropriately qualified person with experience in heritage conservation and include:
- a heritage impact statement prepared in accordance with Section 4.0 of the Guideline: State Development Assessment Provisions (PDF, 1.86MB). The heritage impact statement should include the contents of any relevant reports, plans or assessments that explain or support the proposal
- the address of the place and it’s Queensland Heritage Register number
- a Conservation Management Plan (PDF, 575KB) is recommended for complex projects with medium to high impact on heritage values.
Queensland Cultural Centre – Heritage Register Number 602844
- Location: Grey Street, South Brisbane, Brisbane
- Application: Queensland Cultural Centre
- Queensland Cultural Centre, attachment 1 – Development by the State - Application form (PDF, 160KB)
- Queensland Cultural Centre, attachment 2.1 – BlightRaynerSnohetta - Heritage Drawings, Part 1 of 4 (PDF, 17.75MB)
- Queensland Cultural Centre, attachment 2.2 – BlightRaynerSnohetta - Heritage Drawings, Part 2 of 4 (PDF, 16.78MB)
- Queensland Cultural Centre, attachment 2.3 – BlightRaynerSnohetta - Heritage Drawings, Part 3 of 4 (PDF, 16.55MB)
- Queensland Cultural Centre, attachment 2.4 – BlightRaynerSnohetta - Heritage Drawings, Part 4 of 4 (PDF, 9.12MB)
- Queensland Cultural Centre, attachment 3 – New Performing Arts Venue QPAC, Brisbane, Heritage Impact Statement (PDF, 2.99MB)
- Queensland Cultural Centre, attachment 4 – Independent Expert Panel Report of Advice (PDF, 701KB)
- Public Notice: Queensland Cultural Centre (PDF, 118KB)
- Submissions: currently being processed