The framework focuses on 3 key aspects of public sector performance:
- Planning—at the whole-of-government, agency and individual levels to determine what outcomes are to be achieved for customers, stakeholders and the community.
- Measuring and Monitoring Performance—achieved across the whole-of-government direction, agency business direction, agency service delivery, and at the individual level.
- Public Reporting—of the performance of the Queensland Government, in a fair and balanced way, to facilitate accountability.
In focusing on these key areas the PMF helps to:
- inform direction setting, planning and policy development and implementation
- inform capability, resourcing and service delivery
- effectively measure and report on progress and achievements.
For a broad understanding of the PMF and performance management, refer to:
- PMF - Better Practice Guide
Information to assist agencies in the purpose, application and general obligations and requirements for planning, measuring and monitoring performance and preparing public reports.
- Big Picture View
A visualisation of the key drivers and influences related to government performance and the activities and obligations associated with the three elements of the PMF.
- 2023-2024 Queensland Public Sector Strategic Management Planner (PDF, 213KB)
A calendar of events highlighting management and corporate governance activities for the financial year. The planner can be provided in Visio format if required for use by agencies. Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The key elements of the PMF are supported by risk management, an integral part of planning and measuring and monitoring performance, and evaluation to enable continuous improvement in service delivery. For guidance, refer to:
For terms commonly used with planning, performance and public reporting and also risk management and evaluation, refer to: