Support for young parents
Visit our Health and wellbeing website for information about children’s health, parenting and pregnancy, including:
- pregnancy and family planning
- babies and early childhood health
- school-aged children’s health
- parenting advice
- emergencies and after-hours help.
You can also find more information about health services, recreational and family activities, financial help, legal advice and education on our Parents and families website.
Here are some other useful websites:
On this website, young parents will find information and resources to support them in the day-to-day of raising children and looking after their own needs. Key topics covered on this website include:
- opportunities to connect through a national network of support and services
- a wide range of innovative features.
For young parents under 25 based in Townsville. Support activities include:
- weekly playgroups and parent group activities
- individual case management
- help to get baby items, furniture, clothing and food parcels.
For young pregnant women and mums aged up to 25 on the Sunshine Coast. Services include:
- pregnancy and parenting support
- social activities
- weekly playgroups
- home and hospital visits.
Young Mothers for Young Women Program [Micah Projects]
To assist young mothers 25 years and under to parent their young children (0-4 years) in Brisbane. Services include:
- individualised, planned family support and advocacy services
- mothers’ groups
- peer-led education.
Where to get help
- Youth beyondblue
Phone 1300 224 636 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
Chat online (3pm to 12am, 7 days a week)
Email (get a response within 24 hours)
- Kids Helpline
Phone 1800 551 800 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
Find out more
- Emotional health and wellbeing: A guide for pregnant women, new mums and other carers
- Emotional health and wellbeing: A guide for new dads, partners and other carers
- Understanding perinatal depression and anxiety
- Just speak up – talking about your pregnancy, birth and parenting experiences is an important step towards seeking support and feeling better.