Community Road Safety Grants
The Queensland Government offers funding to community groups for projects that address road safety issues in support of the Queensland Road Safety Strategy 2015–2021 (PDF, 742KB) strategic objectives and associated action plan.
The grants aim to:
- provide opportunities for community organisations to deliver local road safety initiatives with a road safety and educational benefit
- drive a fundamental culture change and attitude to road safety in local communities
- encourage innovative new ideas that address current and future local road safety issues.
2019 Community Road Safety Grants
2020 Round Community Road Safety Grants
Applications for the 2020 Round are planned to open in the first half of 2020.
Who can apply for funding?
The Community Road Safety Grants are open to:
- not-for-profit organisations or fixed trusts – limited by guarantee (registered as a charity)
- incorporated organisations
- local government entities
- Queensland Police Service
- Kindergartens and Schools
- Parents and Citizens’ (P&C) and Parents and Friends’ (P&F) Associations – in partnership with schools.
Previous grant recipients
Contact the Community Road Safety Grants team on telephone 1300 186 159 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forms and resources
- 2019 Community Road Safety Grants Project Guidelines
- Community Road Safety Grants - Safer Seniors Road Safety Projects Framework
- Community Road Safety Grants – Integrated Bike and Road Safety Education and Awareness Projects Framework
- Training Guide for Enquire Client Portal Users
- 2019 Community Road Safety Grants Branding Guidelines
- Photo Guide Fact Sheet
- Photo Consent Form
- Conflict of Interest Form