Emerging Athlete Pathways subsidy terms and conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to the application for and use of a Subsidy under Emerging Athlete Pathways.
In these Terms & Conditions:
Application means the application for a Subsidy under Emerging Athlete Pathways which is submitted electronically using the relevant online application form.
Applicant means the parent, carer or guardian of the Eligible Individual who has made the Application.
Department means the State of Queensland represented by the Department of Housing and Public Works (Sport and Recreation).
Eligibility Criteria means that criteria set out in clause 2 of these Terms and Conditions.
Eligible Events means the events in each tier listed at Emerging Athlete Pathways.
Eligible Individual means an athlete or official who the Application is being made on behalf of.
Subsidy means the amount (if approved) to be paid to an Applicant to attend an eligible event, tiered as follows:
- State or State School events: $200*
- National or National School events: $400*
- International events: $600*
*GST is not applicable to this funding.
- An athlete or official is eligible for a Subsidy if they:
- have competed or officiated (as a coach, referee or scorer) at an eligible Queensland State or State School event, eligible Australian National or National School event or eligible International Championship. The list of eligible events in each tier is available at Emerging Athlete Pathways.
- have been a resident of Queensland for at least the 12 months preceding the Eligible Event. Athletes and officials who attend school or are members of a club in Queensland, but reside in another state, are not eligible for funding;
- were under the age of 18 at the start of the event; and
- travelled a road distance (determined by https://www.racq.com.au/travel/trip-planner) or fly or travel by rail a radial distance (determined by http://www.ga.gov.au/cocky/distance.jsp), of at least 250 kilometres (one-way) from their place of residence to the event location.
- Athletes and officials are only eligible to receive a Subsidy for one Eligible Event in each tier, once every two calendar years.
- Where an Application is for a “pre-event payment”, it is acknowledge that at the time of the Application, the Eligible Individual will not have competed in the Eligible Event (as set out in (a) and (d) above), but the Eligible Individual must have been selected to compete in an event in (a) with the distance in (d).
Applying for a Subsidy
- Applications must be submitted electronically by completing and submitting the relevant online application form.
- In applying for the Subsidy, the Applicant warrants that:
- the Applicant is the parent, carer or guardian of the Eligible Individual;
- the Applicant is over the age of 18;
- the Eligible Individual meets the Eligibility Criteria;
- all the information provided in the Application is true and correct; and
- the Eligible Individual has not received funding assistance in the same tier under the Emerging Athlete Pathways or the Young Athlete Travel Subsidy, in the same calendar year as this Application is submitted or in the previous calendar year.
- The Applicant acknowledges that:
- the Application will be assessed using the information provided in the Application. All sections of the Application must be completed for the Department to accept the Application for assessment;
- the Department reserves the right, at its discretion, to verify any information provided in the Application;
- Application processing time can take up to 8 weeks, including any audits undertaken by the Department, and this may affect whether pre-event payment timeframes can be met; and
- the Department will notify the Applicant by email notification of the outcome of the Application.
- Applications may be made four (4) months before the first day of an Eligible Event and up to six (6) months after either the day of (if event was only one day) or the last day of (if event was held over multiple days) the Eligible Event. Applications made outside of these times will not be considered by the Department and are not eligible to receive a Subsidy.
- The Department must receive applications for “pre-event payments” at least eight weeks before the first day of the Eligible Event. If a “pre-event payment” application is received later than eight weeks prior to the first day of an event, it will be assessed as a “post-event payment”.
- Applications for “post-event payments” must be received by the Department within six months after either the day of (if event was only one day) or the last day of (if event was held over multiple days) the Eligible Event. Applicants are required to use their own resources to travel to events.
Payment of Subsidy
- If the Application is successful, the Subsidy is provided to Applicants either pre or post-event, depending on the preference indicated in the Application and subject to meeting the time for “Pre-event payments” set out in 9 above.
- If the Application is successful, payment of the Subsidy to the successful Applicant will be made via Electronic Funds Transfer in accordance with the details provided in the Application. The Applicant is responsible for ensuring that bank account details provided in the online application process are correct. The Department is under no obligation to verify the bank account details provided.
- The Applicant will receive a remittance advice by email or post giving details of the amount paid.
General Subsidy Terms and Conditions
- The Applicant acknowledges that:
- lodging an Application or meeting the Eligibility Criteria does not guarantee the receipt of a Subsidy;
- the subsidy will run on a ‘first come, first served’ basis until the allocated funds are expended or as otherwise decided by the Department. The Department is under no obligation to provide additional funding once the allocated funds have been expended;
- the Subsidy is provided for the Eligible Individual specified in the Application for the Eligible Event specified in the Application, and for no other individual or event;
- the Department is not required to provide any additional support or resources other than the Subsidy (if successful);
- without limiting anything elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions, the Department will not be responsible or liable to the Applicant or Eligible Individual for costs, expenses, obligations or liability incurred as a result of travelling to and participating in the Eligible Event.
- The Applicant agrees to:
- comply with and ensure that the Eligible Individual complies with these Terms and Conditions;
- the Department undertaking regular audits during which the nominated certifier or relevant event nominator (including State Level Organisations, Queensland School Sport and National Sporting Organisations) may be contacted by the Department to confirm the Eligible Individual’s selection for and attendance at the event. The Applicant agrees to the Department using and disclosing the details provided in the Application, including personal information, for audit or verification purposes;
- retain copies of all documents associated with the Eligible Individual’s attendance at the Eligible Event and Subsidy (if the Application is successful), for 24 months after receiving the Subsidy, to allow for verification if required;
- information (including personal information) collected as part of the Applicant’s participation and the Eligible Individual’s participation in Emerging Athlete Pathways (including any feedback or survey results provided) may be disclosed by the Department to its contractor/s engaged for the purpose of evaluation of the Emerging Athlete Pathways, and used by the Department and its contractor/s (if any) for this purpose; and
- to provide all information and documents reasonably requested by the Department in relation to the Application, Subsidy or participation in Emerging Athlete Pathways.
Repayment of the Subsidy
- The Applicant must immediately return to the Department (on the request of the Department) the Subsidy received where:
- the Eligible Individual was not eligible to receive the Subsidy, including where the Eligible Individual did not meet the Eligibility Criteria;
- the Applicant has not complied with these Terms and Conditions;
- where the Eligible Individual has already received funding assistance for one Eligible Event in each tier, in the last two calendar years;
- where the Subsidy was paid incorrectly for any reason whatsoever; or
- in the case of a “pre-event payment” where the Eligible Individual did not attend the event that the subsidy was claimed for.
- This amount is deemed a debt due and payable to the Department.
Closure, Suspension or Variation of the Subsidy or these Terms and Conditions
- The Department reserves the right, at any time, and for any reason, to:
- vary these Terms and Conditions, including the Eligibility Criteria; and
- vary or withdraw the Emerging Athlete Pathways or make changes at any time.
- The Department will publicly advertise any changes to the Subsidy, these Terms and Conditions or the Emerging Athlete Pathways Emerging Athlete Pathways.
Liability and General
- The Department is not liable for any loss or damage, including personal injury, that may be sustained by the Eligible Individual or other person, while participating in the Eligible Event.
- The Department expressly disclaims all liability, to the extent permitted by law, for any loss, damage or other consequence whatsoever where direct or indirect, which may arise from the Eligible Individual’s participation in the Eligible Event.
- No rights under these Terms and Conditions will be waived except by notice in writing signed by the Applicant and the Department.
- The Emerging Athlete Pathways program and all related documents are governed by the laws of the State of Queensland.
- “Include”, “includes” and “including” must be read as if followed by the words “without limitation”.
- A reference to any legislation includes any consolidation, amendment, re-enactment or replacement of legislation.
- A reference to a program, government department or agency, website or grant management system in these Terms and Conditions, will include a replacement or renamed program, government department or agency, website or grant management system that is the same or similar.