Add an event to the eligible Emerging Athlete Pathways events list
Program changes due to COVID-19
The trial of pre-event payments has been postponed due to the impact of COVID-19 on events and travel.
Currently applications can only be made and processed after participation at the event. Applications can be accepted for events that have been held in the last 6 months.
Future events listed on this website are subject to change. Events will be updated once confirmation is received from the event organiser. Please contact the event organiser if there are discrepancies with the online information.
Event nominations can only be provided by the relevant state sport and recreation organisation (school events are submitted directly to the department by Queensland School Sports). If an event is not on the eligible events list, please contact the relevant state sport and recreation organisation so that they can submit eligible events to the department.
Eligible events under the travel subsidy are the following:
- must be a Queensland State Championship, Queensland State School Championship, Australian Championship, Australian School Championship, or International Championship
- must provide a pathway for athletes (e.g. selection to compete at the nationals)
- each sport is able to include 1 state, national and international event per age group and division/discipline only.
The following events are not eligible:
- local or regional championships, training squads and development camps, ongoing seasonal competitions, ongoing series, friendship or invitational events
- school events that do not lead to pathways for athletes or officials
- school events where there is an existing non-school event for that age group (the exception is where an event has been nominated by Queensland School Sport or School Sport Australia).
Information for eligible organisations submitting events
Due to an upgrade in the online application process, it is important that event details are updated and as accurate as possible. The department can be contacted to submit any future state, national and international event details. Additionally, as COVID-19 impacts on travel and events being held, it is important to advise of any changes as soon as possible so that the website details can be updated. Please email event submissions and updates to SRS.Info@npsr.qld.gov.au.
Please note: Events should not be added to the list after they have occurred. However, some exemptions may be considered in light of COVID-19.
The department will be in touch with recognised state sport and recreation organisations to request upcoming eligible event submissions on an ongoing basis. You will also need to provide any updates to locations of events, if they occur, prior to the event. The department can be notified at any time with changes as they occur. Please email event submissions and updates to SRS.Info@npsr.qld.gov.au.