Find a range of activities that will keep you and your family motivated to get be active every day.
- Getting active is not only an opportunity to spend quality time with your family, but it can improve your family’s health. Adults should aim for 2 ½ to 5 hours of moderate activity or 1 to 2 ½ hours of vigorous activity each week, each day kids should aim for 1 hour of activity if aged over 5, and 3 hours of activity if aged under 5.
There are lots of activities you and your family can do together. Try family walks, bike riding or backyard cricket. You can also check out your local parks, bike ways, swimming pools and walking trails.
Queensland recreation centres
- Our Queensland Recreation Centres in Tallebudgera (Gold Coast), Currimundi (Sunshine Coast) provide a range of programs and activities for people of all ages.
Join a club
- Find out how you can join a sport or recreation club and have fun, stay healthy, meet new people and develop new friendships
Your local council
- Your local council may have a list of clubs you can join or activities families can participate in together.
Heart foundation walking
- Heart Foundation walking—be part of a community-based walking program that aims to increase your participation in regular and enjoyable physical activity.