Skip links and keyboard navigation

Unclaimed money

If the government or a company—like a bank or real estate agent—owes you money but they can’t find you, it becomes unclaimed money.

Where to search

If you think you have money owing to you, search:

  • The Public Trustee for unclaimed money from Queensland businesses, Queensland Government departments (including hospitals, schools and correctional facilities) and Queensland trust account holders (including real estate agencies, solicitors and nursing homes).
  • MoneySmart for unclaimed money from banks, credit unions, building societies, shares and life insurance.
  • Fair Work Ombudsman for unpaid wages.


If you have changed jobs, moved or changed your name you may have unclaimed superannuation.

Superannuation (also called super) is money set aside for you to live on when you retire. Money is paid by you and your employer into a superannuation fund.

Visit the Australian Taxation Office to track and manage lost superannuation.

Read more about superannuation.

Last updated
27 March 2017
  1. Is your feedback about:
  2. (If you chose ‘website’ above)

    Page feedback

    1. How satisfied are you with your experience today? *
  3. (If you chose ‘service’ above)

    Feedback on government services, departments and staff

    Please use our complaints and compliments form.