Useful wildlife resources
Queensland species lists, wildlife information and survey data can also be accessed from the following sites.
- BiomapsOnline mapping system to access biodiversity related spatial layers and reports.
- Species profile search
Find species information such as species names, notes and images and download species locations for Queensland’s native and naturalised plants and animals from the WildNet database.
Online mapping system with spatial layers and tools to generate species lists and view published survey data, species locations and project data from the WildNet database.
- WetlandSummary—facts and maps
Access environmental information for a range of area types within Queensland (such as local government areas and national parks) and access species lists, notes and images.
- Regrowth benefits indicative map
Interactive map to locate information about particular places (sites) and their suitability for regrowing native forest including biodiversity benefits for priority species.
- Atlas of Living Australia
Access species lists, distribution maps, records, notes and images for Australian wildlife.
- Australia’s Virtual Herbarium
Access plant specimen data obtained from Australian herbaria collections.
- Census of Queensland flora
Names, distributions and status of Queensland plants, algae, fungi, lichens and cyanobacteria, based on the Queensland Herbarium Herbrecs database.
- Conservation status of Queensland wildlife
The names and conservation statuses of Queensland plants, fungi, protists, mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians and some fish and invertebrate groups based on the WildNet database.
- Environmental reports online
Generate reports that provide information on specific environmental values by location.
- Generalised distribution and densities of Queensland wildlife
Queensland species distributions and densities generalised to a 10 km grid resolution based on the WildNet database.
- Habitat suitability models series
This dataset represents the current status of Habitat Suitability Models across Queensland.
- Herbarium specimen data - Herbrecs - Queensland
A subset of the specimen label data derived from the Queensland Herbarium Herbrecs database.
- MapsOnline API
Access the MapsOnline service that produces a range of spatially-referenced information as map and report products.
- Modelled potential habitat for selected threatened species in Queensland
A geodatabase of modelled potential habitat shapefiles for selected threatened species in Queensland.
- Online Zoological Collections of Australian Museums
Access animal specimen data obtained from Australian museum collections.
- Pest Central data
Detailed spatial information on pest management activities in Queensland.
- Queensland Confidential Species
The list of Queensland confidential species from the WildNet database.
- Queensland CORVEG Database
Access flora survey data from the Queensland Herbarium CORVEG database.
- Queensland Museum data
Access fauna specimen datasets of the Queensland Museum.
- Qld wildlife data API
Access WildNet data that has been approved for public release including species profiles, notes, statuses, images, species locations and project information.
- Regional Ecosystems Descriptions
Search the regional ecosystems database using the search form or by selecting a bioregion within one of the landzones.
- WildNet wildlife records - published - Queensland
This is a subset of the wildlife records from the WildNet database approved for release (by data providers).