State Emergency Service
The State Emergency Service (SES) is a volunteer emergency and rescue service operating within the department of Queensland Fire and Emergency Services. The SES service is dedicated to helping the community in times of disaster, responding to thousands of calls for help every year.
Role of the SES
The SES helps communities prepare for, respond to and recover from natural disasters, including:
SES volunteers also conduct:
- search and rescue operations
- crime scene/forensics searches
- provide community preparedness and safety education
- support other emergency service agencies.
- provide support to the Rural Fire Service Queensland in times of bushfire activity
132 500 for Flood and Storm Emergencies
If you require SES Assistance during a flood or storm emergency, you can lodge your request one of 3 ways.
- Download the SES Android App or SES Apple App and lodge your request online
- Use our web app and lodge your request online
- Call us on 132 500
If you log a request through the app, you will be able to cancel the request if you no longer require our assistance. If you require to cancel the request and you called us to log the request, you will need to call us again on 132 500 quoting your reference number.
If you would like a status update on your request, please contact us on 132 500 quoting your reference number.
The SES is made up of more than 300 volunteer groups across the state. You can be part of it.
SES volunteers are people committed to helping their local community.