Bullying and cyberbullying
Bullying is a repeated pattern of harmful verbal, physical or social behaviour which involves the misuse of power. Cyberbullying is bullying through the internet or mobile devices. Resources are available to help teachers, parents, carers and students create safe and supportive learning environments in Australian schools.
Bullying is not fair. It feels awful.
You have a right to feel safe.
Find out more about tips and strategies to deal with bullying and cyberbullying visit Bullying. No Way!.
If you see cyberbullying you can do something about it. Be part of the movement to help end cyberbullying by taking action today.
Resources for students
- Cyberbullying what you can do if you’re being cyberbullied and how you can respond if you see cyberbullying, including how to report material.
- Reach Out and take the steps to create your cyberbullying action plan and hear from other young people.
- ThinkUKnow find out more about sexting, cyberbullying, online privacy and what to do if you run into trouble online.
- Rewrite your story is about real stories, advice and support. You can’t undo the past but you can rewrite your story.
- Young and eSafe offers practical advice by young people, for young people, to help challenge the haters and fakers online.
- Our special superpower is an animated video to help you learn how to be a safe and supportive bystander if you see bullying happening.
- Bullying. No Way! animations help you to understand what bullying is and how to respond if you see if occurring.
- So you got naked online let’s you know what to do if inappropriate content (about you or a friend) ends up online.
Resources for parents
- Bullying. No Way! provides information, advice and activities for parents and carers.
- ThinkUKnow what your child is up to online? The Parents Portal gives you tips and advice for keeping your child safe online.
- iParent answers many of the questions you might have about protecting and supporting your children if they are affected by cyberbullying.
Resources for teachers
- Safe, supportive and disciplined schools – a school-wide approach to creating safe, supportive and disciplined school.
- Education Queensland provides clear guidelines and procedures for schools to ensure students have a safe, supportive and disciplined school environment.
- The Australian Student Wellbeing Framework (PDF, 2.6MB) provides schools with a vision and guiding principles to support the whole school community to build and maintain safety, positive relationships and wellbeing.
- Bullying. No Way! provides a broad range of resources and classroom materials for teachers.
- Social media services' safety centres contains a comprehensive list of social media services’ safety centres for users to learn about safe site use and report abuse or offensive content.
Read more about preventing bullying and violence
Read about behaviour management procedures for schools and principals