Apply for a card
Starting your application
Not all people with disability are eligible for a Companion Card. Please check your eligibility before completing an application form.
The application form is available:
- as a downloadable PDF—Companion Card application form (PDF, 422KB)
- as a downloadable Word document—Companion Card application form (DOCX, 133KB)
- or by request—email Card Services or call 13 QGOV (13 74 68).
After you have completed your form
- Attach 2 identical, colour passport photographs
- Take the form to your service provider or a health professional to verify your details and sign the back of your photographs (as per the instructions on the Companion Card Application Form)
- Post your application to the address listed on the form.
Any person can help you complete your application form. If you are unable to sign the form, your formal or informal decision maker may sign on your behalf.
If your application is not successful, you may request a review of the decision.
You must make your request for review in writing. You may include any new information that clearly demonstrates that you meet the Companion Card criteria.
Where additional information is provided, it must be signed and verified by a nominated service provider or specified health professional, and their contact details also supplied.
For more information about completing the form or about eligibility contact 13 QGOV (13 7468).
Eligibility details and information about the program is also available in the Cardholder Handbook: