Triple P – Positive Parenting Program
It’s not only children and teenagers who benefit from positive parenting. It also makes family life more enjoyable, easier and more rewarding for parents.
More and more parents understand that it’s okay to ask for help and, in Queensland, positive parenting support to suit every family is free for any parent or carer of a child up to 16 years old.
The Triple P – Positive Parenting Program is used around the world and was developed right here in Queensland. It helps parents to raise children and teenagers who will grow up to be happier and healthier. Thousands of Queensland parents have already done Triple P and recommend it.
No matter what stage of life your child is at – or what challenges you’re facing – Triple P can help you learn simple but proven ways to give them the best opportunity to reach their full potential.
Triple P makes it easier to manage the common day-to-day challenges of parenting by offering practical skills and tools to help parents:
- develop positive relationships so you can get along well with your kids and argue less
- effectively set family routines and rules that work
- manage problem behaviour and support positive behaviour
- raise well-adjusted, emotionally resilient children
- balance work and family with less stress
- create a happier, safer, more supportive family so you can be the parent you want to be.
What support is available?
It’s totally up to you. Triple P offers a range of seminars, group workshops and one-on-one consultations delivered as either:
- one-off sessions
- part of a series over several weeks or months, or
- Triple P Online, a self-paced online course.
You can choose as much or as little help as you like – depending on your individual preferences and situation – and you choose which strategies you’d like to try at home.
How can I do Triple P for free?
- Start doing Triple P Online or Teen Triple P Online at any time.
- Visit the Triple P Queensland website to learn more about the program and to find out when free Triple P sessions are being delivered (either in person or via video conference).
- You can also search for a free Triple P provider in your local area (note that providers manage their own listings on the website).
Parenting during uncertain times
Apart from the pandemic itself, ongoing anxiety and financial strain due to COVID-19 can also affect families.
For free positive parenting tips and strategies to help parents, children and teenagers stay calm and optimistic when dealing with COVID-19 challenges, read the digital magazine or try the extra COVID-19 module now included in the Triple P Online program.
For educators and family support professionals
Are you a school, kindergarten, workplace or community venue that would like to host a Triple P seminar, either physically or virtually?
We’re running a series of Raising Resilient Children (Focus on Cyberbullying) seminars in Queensland.
Talk to the Triple P Queensland team to register your interest in hosting a free Triple P seminar by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (07) 3236 1212.
Free training to become an accredited Triple P provider
Free staff training may be available if you or your organisation provides family and parenting support to Queensland families and can offer some services at no charge to parents.