Year of Outback Tourism comes to the Ekka
Visit the Queensland Government Precinct at the Upper Concourse of the Royal International Convention Centre and discover the untouched beauty of Queensland’s Outback and all it has to offer.
The Year of Outback Tourism display will invite visitors to explore spectacular images of outback destinations, events and attractions—giving people the ability to plan their journeys through the outback. Visitors will be immersed in the experiences with the use of digital touch screens, augmented reality experiences and the option to get a photo with a ‘real’ dinosaur.
The precinct features 19 interactive displays from 13 departments across the Queensland Government. With hands-on activities and fun workshops and demonstrations, there is something for everyone and plenty to see and do.
Here are just some of the other exciting activities visitors can experience:
- explore the precinct as a junior police officer
- meet a producer and learn about agriculture production
- write a message or draw a picture for a rural or remote school
- sample some of Queensland’s delicious produce
- pick up a vintage Queensland tourism poster
- take an up-close look inside an ambulance and compare it to a heritage ambulance
- roll up your sleeves and try your luck at the 3D holographic fishing game
- have your photo taken in your ideal outback holiday setting
- meet the dog squad as they demonstrate how they keep our prisons safe
- learn safety travel tips for your journey to the outback
- test your quad bike safety knowledge
- understand the importance of connecting with community.
All this and more can be found at the Queensland Government precinct. Visit from 9am to 6pm, Friday 9 to Sunday 18 August 2019 at the Upper Concourse, Royal International Convention Centre to join the fun.
Visit the Ekka website for further information.