If you would like to upgrade your computer skills the following sites will help you find a course:
- TAFE Queensland—computer short courses available through TAFE Queensland. You may also want to check with your local institute to see what short courses they offer.
- MySkills—use this site to find registered training organisations in your area that may offer computer courses.
- TAFE Open Learning—online short courses about Microsoft Office products. You can also complete a short course in basic computing and keyboard skills.
- My Learning Short Course Collection—short courses from ‘Basic Computing Keyboard Skills’ to ‘Website and Digital Design’ provided by Brisbane North Institute of TAFE. Many courses can be studied online or via distance education.
- Adult Community Education (ACE)—find an ACE provider who offers computer short courses.
Many libraries also offer computer and internet courses for beginners:
- If you live in Brisbane, computer courses are available through Brisbane City Council libraries.
- If you live outside of Brisbane, contact your local library to see if they offer computer courses.
Seniors can also access information about computers and the internet.