Become an Award Centre
To become an Award Centre your group or organisation needs to:
- Read the following:
- The Duke of Ed Award insurance
- Bridge Award insurance:
- Certificate of currency (PDF, 369KB)
- Appendix - Bridge Award program insurance (PDF, 130KB)
Please contact us by email to request an accessible alternative to this document.
- Complete the following forms:
- Award Centre licence agreement 2018-2021 (PDF, 774KB) or (RTF 92KB).
Please read the licence agreement in conjunction with Schedule 1 (PDF, 472KB) or (RTF, 2.5MB).
- New Award Centre registration form (PDF, 725KB) or (RTF, 117KB)
- Send your licence agreement and annual registration forms to the Queensland Award Operating Authority and attach the following:
- a copy of your current insurance certificate (not required for state schools)—Award Centres must have their own Public Liability Policy with a minimum limit of $20 million
- a completed Code of Conduct form—make sure everyone in your organisation involved in administering or delivering The Duke of Ed or Bridge Award reads and signs the Volunteer code of conduct (PDF, 251KB) or (DOCX, 73KB)
- evidence that you comply with working with children legislation—make sure assessors, instructors and volunteers comply with the employment screening provisions in the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000; contact Blue Card Services for more information on 1800 113 611 (freecall within Queensland) or (07) 3211 6999
- details of your nominated Award Leader.
What happens next?
The Queensland Award Operating Authority will send you a signed licence Agreement for your records.
Once you get your Licence Agreement, you can:
- sign up as an Award Centre on the Online Record Book
- start signing up participants.