Road safety is one of Australia's most serious public health issues. Play your part and be a responsible safe driver.
Before you leave
- Make sure your vehicle is safe to drive.
- Plan your trip.
- Include rest stops on long trips so you don't drive tired.
- Check for traffic updates and changes to road conditions.
- Plan ahead so you don't drink and drive.
- Safely restrain children and plan how to keep them busy during the drive.
On the road
- Buckle up your seatbelt.
- Slow down—drive within the speed limit.
- Drive to the conditions.
- Stay focused on the road—it is easy to get distracted by things in the car.
- Don't talk or text on your mobile phone.
- Follow the road rules and obey traffic signs and lane markings.
- Share the road safely with other road users.
- Drive safely through:
- Report dangerous driving.