Housing options

If you're finding it difficult to live in your current home for health reasons, or you no longer need the space, you may be considering changing your housing arrangements.

Some options include:

If you're interested in living in a residential park or retirement village, you can receive free information and legal assistance from the Queensland Retirement Village and Park Advice Service (formerly Park and Village Information Link—PAVIL).

Alternatively, you may be able to access in-home support to help you to stay longer in your current home.

Your local Aged Care Assessment Team could advise you about your options. They can help you work out what type of care will suit you and assess whether you're eligible for:

You could also visit the My Aged Care website or phone the My Aged Care contact centre on 1800 200 422.

More information

  • Public and community housing—eligibility and how to apply.
  • Rent assistance—bond loans and rental grants, assistance available to help you find a place to live, and the National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS).
  • Home modifications—simple modifications if you have a disability or condition restricting your day-to-day living.