How to apply for the Young Athletes Travel Subsidy
To apply for the travel subsidy you will need to submit an online application.
- Computer requirements
- If you do not have an online account
- If you already have an online account
- If you have an online account but do not remember your password
- Checking your application has been submitted correctly
- How long will it take to assess my application?
- Need more help?
Before you begin, please take a moment to ensure your computer system meets the following requirements necessary to view and successfully lodge an application:
- Applications must be made from a desktop computer or a laptop computer. The application form is not compatible with mobile or tablet devices.
- The online application form will work best using the latest version of your browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari).
- You will need the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to open documents within the online application form.
- the online account must be created by the parent/guardian and in their name, not the athlete/official’s name
- certifying coaches and managers cannot apply on behalf of athletes/officials
- you can use the same account for all of your applications
- use title case for all sections when completing the form (e.g. ‘Joe Bloggs’ not ‘JOE BLOGGS’ or ‘joe bloggs’)
- select the eligible event from the dropdown events list in the form. If the event is not on the list, please contact the relevant state sport and recreation organisation
- ensure you have your banking details available.
- Open the How-to guide (PDF, 2.35MB) to page 13 and follow the instructions to create and activate an online account.
- The online account must be created by the parent/guardian and in their name, not the athlete’s/official's name.
- Once logged in, please select the application link appropriate for your event tier (international, national, state). Follow the instructions from page 18 onwards of the guide.
- Please follow every step found in the guide to ensure your application is submitted correctly. Failure to do so may contribute to delays in processing your application.
- Open the How-to guide (PDF, 2.35MB) to page 18 and begin your application by selecting the link below that matches the event tier you are applying for. Please follow every step found in the guide to ensure your application is submitted correctly. Failure to do so may contribute to delays in processing your application.
- Ensure you have read and agree to the terms and conditions and privacy notices.
To apply, choose the event tier you are applying for:
- Select the ‘Forgot your password?’ link under the log in area of Enquire.
- Enter the email address associated with your account and select ‘Continue’.
- An email will be sent to your email address with your user ID and temporary password. You will be prompted to change this password the next time you log in.
- Once logged in please select the application link appropriate to the event tier (international, national, state).
- Log in to your online account, click on the ‘My Applications’ tab. This screen will provide a summary of your applications.
- Ensure the status of the application is ‘submitted’.
If any applications are not ‘submitted’, click the application number and follow the instructions from page 18 onwards of the How-to guide (PDF, 2.35MB). (Most of the information will already be completed, so finalise any fields that are outstanding and submit the application.)
Applications can take up to ten weeks to process from time of submission. Applicants will be notified of the assessment outcome via email. Please allow up to 10 business days from receipt of successful advice for a payment to clear with your banking institution.
Further technical assistance as well as step-by-step instructions on using the online application form can be found in the How-to guide (PDF, 2.35MB)
For further information about your application or the travel subsidy, contact your nearest Sport and Recreation Office on 13 74 68 (13 QGOV) or email email@example.com.