Events at Brisbane parks and bridges
Kurilpa Point Park availability
Kurilpa Point Park will be unavailable for large scale public events from 1 May 2022 until late 2023 to allow for the Brisbane City Council Metro Brisbane Project.
Brisbane has many great public open spaces for Queenslanders to use.
However, some of these places require approval from the Queensland Government to host an event.
Some parks and bridges need event approval
You need approval from the Queensland Government to hold an event at these locations:
- Goodwill Bridge (PDF, 397KB)
- Kurilpa Bridge (PDF, 397KB)
- Queen's Gardens Park (PDF, 2.4MB)
- Kurilpa Point (includes Kurilpa Park)—unavailable until late 2023.
As of 1 July 2022, the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries has recommenced full management of Oxley Creek Common. If you would like to hold an event, please direct your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also need approval from the Queensland Police Service and Brisbane City Council. We can provide more information about these requirements when you submit your application.
Public liability insurance
As part of your event application, you need to have public liability insurance, which must:
- include the name and date of your event
- name the bridge or park
- have $20 million coverage per incident
- note the State of Queensland, represented by the Department of Energy and Public Works, as an interested party.
Contact us to apply for approval
All applications are assessed on a ‘case by case’ basis with a focus on promoting a community benefit.
To find out more about how to apply:
- email QGAO.ParksandBridges@epw.qld.gov.au
- call 07 3008 2761.