Funding for outstanding arts and cultural organisations
The Organisations Fund provides multi-year funding to contribute to the core operations of small to medium organisations in delivering arts and cultural activities that generate public value to Queensland. This value is derived through innovation, inclusivity and economic growth; including the employment and promotion of Queensland artists and arts workers.
The Organisations Fund now also incorporates visual arts, crafts and/or design organisations seeking multi-year funding through the Visual Arts and Crafts Strategy (VACS).
The Organisations Fund will be assessed in a two-stage process; with an EOI application required and if successful, an invitation to submit a further Full Application.
The Organisations Fund provides quadrennium funding to Queensland-based arts organisations that aim to collectively achieve the objectives of:
- a leading group of arts organisations with demonstrated public value
- delivery of diverse, high quality arts products and services for and from Queensland
- strong partnerships and connections with broader industries, communities and business
- employment and promotion of Queensland artists and arts workers.
From 2017 the Organisations Fund is a quadrennium fund providing four-year (2017 – 2020) funding for small to medium Queensland-based arts organisations.
Applications to the Fund are now closed. Applications will open in 2020 for the 2021 – 2024 funding period.
All applicants must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be a Queensland-based not for profit, non-government organisation or a Queensland-based incorporated association or company
- have satisfied the reporting requirements of any previous Arts Queensland funding
- not be in receipt of Arts Queensland funding as an Arts Queensland shareholder company, Arts Statutory Body or major arts organisation as recognised by the State and Federal governments
- VACS applicants must be recognised and have a core focus as a Queensland-based visual arts, craft and/or design organisation.
Arts Queensland will also consider, on a case-by-case basis, applications from arts and cultural organisations that are directly supported or owned by an academic and/or training institution.
Application dates for 2017 - 2020
Organisation Fund 2017-2020 EOI opens
18 January 2016
Expressions of Interest (Stage 1) closes
2pm, 11 March 2016
Notification of Expressions of Interest outcomes
Full Application (Stage 2) closes
2pm, 9 May 2016
Full Application outcomes announced.
|3 September 2016|
For more information, refer to the Organisations Fund 2017 – 2020 documents to see the guidelines, frequently asked questions (FAQs), fact sheet, Organisations Fund Assessment Panel and more.
View previous funding recipients to the Organisations Fund.
View case studies of previous funding recipients.
Contact an Arts Investment Officer on (07) 3034 4016, 1800 175 531 (toll free), or email@example.com
- Information privacy and right to information.
- Other income.
- Paying award industry rates.
- Who is ineligible.
- Feedback and review of decision.
- Submitting your application.
- Important information for successful applicants:
- Agreement processes
- Intellectual property
- Reporting on outcomes
- Glossary of terms.
Data dictionaries provide definitions of measures, calculation methods and counting rules.
Make sure you read the data dictionary for this fund before you start any activities to make sure you collect data in the required way.