Anzac Day trust fund
The Anzac Day trust fund offers annual payments to institutions, organisations or associations who provide assistance to ex-service men and women and their dependants.
You can apply for a payment if your organisation provides help or support to:
- aged persons who served in Australia’s defence forces
- the spouses and children of deceased persons who served in Australia’s defence forces
- persons who served in Australia’s defence forces in time of war or armed conflict
- institutions, organisations or associations which provide help or support to aged persons, spouses and children of deceased persons who served for Australia.
The Anzac Day Act 1995 gives power to the Queensland Government to help fund the Anzac Day Trust through an annual grant. Proceeds received from an annual appeal to businesses which benefit from Anzac Day trading also contributes to the Trust Fund.
How to apply
To apply for a payment from the Anzac Day trust fund, you need to:
- complete and submit an application form
- attach an appropriate verified financial statement (depending on your level of financial reporting as specified by the Office of Fair Trading)
- provide an Australian Business Number (ABN) or a ‘Statement by a Supplier’
- send your application and supporting financial information to email@example.com by the last day of May. Applications may also be posted.
You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application.
The Board of Trustees assess applications. The RSL, Legacy and other Ex-service organisations nominate trustees.
Payments are finalised in November/December and are exempt from GST.
Tips for completing your application
Your application may be returned if you do not complete it correctly.
The application form must:
- be cross referenced with your financial statement. Mark the item number you want to claim next to the matching amount on your financial statement. If your financial statement is not cross-referenced, your claimed expense may not be accepted
- be fully completed—answer all questions and provide all requested details
- provide an ABN. If you do not have an ABN, you must complete and attach a statement by supplier
- have approved financial statements attached
- provide additional details of welfare expenditure where requested in the form. You can claim welfare expenses paid by your organisation during the period covered by your most recent financial statement
- ensure all income received relating to a claimed expense is declared and deducted accordingly. Where income for a claimed expense is declared, ensure the income is clearly cross-referenced on your financial statement
- list details of all grants received, other than grants from the Anzac Day trust. If a grant has been received for welfare expenses being claimed in this application, the grant will need to be declared and deducted accordingly.
Keep a copy of the completed application for your records.
Send your application
By email (preferred)
Anzac Day Trust
GPO Box 69
BRISBANE QLD 4001
For help completing your application form, contact us:
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by phone on (07) 3406 9849