Become a police officer
If you want a dynamic, challenging and rewarding career then look no further than the Queensland Police Service (QPS). We are always looking for bright, reliable, trustworthy and committed people to join our ranks.
It can be a tough job with a great deal of responsibility—requiring from you a unique set of skills, characteristics and values.
Apply online now if you think you have what it takes to be a Queensland police officer.
There are 5 potential pathways to becoming a sworn police officer with QPS:
- Police Recruit Entry Pathway (PREP)—if you have no policing experience.
- Returning police officers for former QPS officers who wish to return to a policing career.
- Experienced police officers for current or recently serving police officers with experience in interstate or international jurisdictions.
- Indigenous Cadetship Program (ICP) for people who identify as Indigenous Australians and wish to prepare for direct entry into the Recruit Training Program at the QPS Academy.
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) Program—a preparation course for people with a non-English speaking background who want to enter the Recruit Training Program at the QPS Academy.
Civilian support role vacancies are advertised on the Queensland Government Smart Jobs website.