Get ready to work in Queensland
Licensing, registration and accreditation
You must gain the required licences, registrations and/or accreditation to work in Queensland.
You should seek information and advice relevant to you and your profession before relocating or deciding to relocate.
Learn more about relevant licensing, registration and/or qualification requirements for eligible occupations in Queensland:
- Queensland Building and Construction Commission
- WorkSafe Queensland
- Electrical Safety Office
- Board of Architects of Queensland
- Board of Professional Engineers of Queensland
- Surveyors Board Queensland.
Build on your skills
Visit Construction Skills Queensland to find out how to build your existing skills or undertake further training.
You are responsible for finding work with, or as, an eligible employer.
We encourage you to use your existing networks and job search channels, and to make contact with relevant industry peak bodies and insurers in Queensland.
Industry peak bodies
- Master Builders Queensland
- Housing Industry Association
- Master Plumbers' Association of Queensland
- Master Electricians Australia
- Engineers Australia
- Insurance Council of Australia
- Queensland Building and Construction Commission – South East Queensland flood recovery rebuild and recovery tradie register
Find a full list of Insurance Council of Australia members.
Contact insurers to learn how to be considered for building and restoration panels, as well as any other opportunities to work on eligible reconstruction related to insurance.
Online job websites
There are a range of short-term accommodation options outside of the rental market depending on the space you need, the length of your stay and your budget.
Phone: 1300 654 687