Greater Graduate Program
Do you want to start your career in a diverse and dynamic organisation?
The Greater Graduate Program offers you a unique opportunity to build your career and grow with the Queensland Government.
The program provides recent university graduates with an opportunity to work in roles with the following Queensland Government departments:
- Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
- Environment and Science
- Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy.
Want to join our graduate program?
Our graduate requirements vary each year. We are always looking for graduates from the following disciplines:
- agricultural sciences
- applied science
- business analytics
- environmental management
- environmental science
- natural resource planning
- public policy
To be eligible for the 2019 program, you must:
- complete your university qualification by December 2018
- have completed it within the past 2 years (since December 2016).
You must also:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident at the time of submitting your application
- be a New Zealand citizen who is currently residing in Australia
- submit overseas qualification recognition with your application.
How to apply
Register with our graduate portal by 5pm, Friday 21 September 2018.
If you have already registered your details in the graduate portal in 2018, there is no need to register again.
We will email eligible candidates by Monday 8 October 2018 with available roles and locations, and instructions on how to apply.
Are you up for the challenge and the opportunity to be part of a team that's really going to make a difference?
Our work is developed and implemented through a lens of economic, social and environmental considerations. You will work with and learn from experts in a range of fields to ensure our advice, policies and programs meet the needs and expectations of the people of Queensland.
Our graduates are highly motivated, results-orientated and committed to making a difference.
We are seeking graduates who can:
- throw themselves into a challenge from day one and put studies into practice
- be energetic, enthusiastic and show initiative
- show their passion by generating new, innovative ideas and solutions
- demonstrate resilience and the ability to embrace and adapt to change
- build productive working relationships by sharing ideas and collaborating with your team.
The Greater Graduate Program is a structured leadership development program with exciting, challenging and rewarding opportunities with real responsibility and accountability. Our learning and development program includes a mix of on-the-job experience and formal training workshops.
The program complements and expand on your on-the-job learning and supports your transition from study to full-time employment.
In addition to the formal learning and development, you will receive coaching and mentoring from a robust support network of leaders and graduate alumni from across the business.
Be part of something big! Kick start your career with Queensland's largest employer to access varied, interesting, practical and challenging work that benefits the Queensland community. Apply for the Greater Graduate Program if you are seeking a career, rather than just a job.
Our graduates have a broad range of backgrounds, disciplines, and work and life experiences. Graduates join the program from all over Australia, and Indigenous Australians are always encouraged to apply.
Start your graduate career with one of Australia's Top Graduate Employers
What do past and current graduates say?
Click on the image below to access out YouTube channel.