Graduate eligibility and how we hire
To be eligible for the Queensland Government graduate talent pool, at minimum you must:
- hold Australian or New Zealand citizenship (residing in Australia) or Australian permanent residency
- hold a valid residency visa (if applying for a temporary position)
- have completed an associate degree, bachelor degree or postgraduate degree within the last 2–3 years
- submit a copy of your current academic transcript and curriculum vitae with your registration.
If you hold an overseas qualification, you'll need to be assessed by the Overseas qualifications unit and attach this assessment to your application.
Individual graduate programs may have additional criteria you must meet to be eligible, such as location, which are communicated with candidates.
How we recruit
Once you join the graduate talent pool you will be considered for opportunities until the end of the year, based on your:
- graduation date
- citizenship/residency status.
Your registration will remain current until the end of this year and you can update it at any time.
Graduate program recruitment
Queensland Government agencies open their individual program intakes at various times during the year. Program coordinators review the pool of graduate candidates and if you're eligible you will be invited to officially apply to the program.
A graduate program application process could include:
- phone, video or face-to-face interview
- visiting an assessment centre
- online tests, such as cognitive or psychometric testing
- written application
- referee checks.
Once you have completed assessment, the outcome will be shared with you directly by the agency.
Agencies may also contact you about entry-level roles and student opportunities at any time of the year. Similar to graduate program recruitment, a Queensland Government hiring manager will review the candidate pool and invite you to apply for a role if you are eligible.
If your application is unsuccessful, you will receive an email directly from the agency. You can also request feedback about your application from the agency's program coordinator.