Solar feed-in tariff for regional Queensland
If you live outside South East Queensland, you may be able to access the regional solar feed-in tariff. This is a flat rate tariff available to eligible Ergon Energy Retail customers and Origin Energy customers.
To find out if you’re eligible, contact your electricity distributor:
- Ergon Energy Retail if you’re connected to the Ergon Energy network
- Origin Energy if you’re connected to the Essential Energy network.
To be eligible, you have to:
- operate a solar system with a maximum inverter capacity not exceeding 30 kilowatts
- consume less than 100 megawatt hours (MWh) of electricity a year (the average home uses approximately 6.1MWh a year)
- be a retail customer of either Ergon Energy Retail or Origin Energy (if you’re connected to the Essential Energy network)
- be connected to the electricity grid
- have a network connection agreement with an electricity distributor signalling their approval to connect the system to the electricity grid
- have only one solar power system receiving the feed-in tariff per premise
- not be receiving any other tariff (i.e. the 44 cent/kWh feed-in tariff).
The Queensland Competition Authority sets this rate each year.
- For the 2020–21, the regional feed-in tariff is 7.861 cents per kilowatt hour.
If something goes wrong
Find out your rights and who to call for help if something goes wrong with your solar power.