Solar feed-in tariff for regional Queensland
If you live outside South East Queensland, you may be able to access the regional solar feed-in tariff set by the Queensland Competition Authority.
To find out if you’re eligible, contact your electricity retailer:
- Ergon Energy Retail if you’re connected to the Ergon Energy network
- Origin Energy if you’re connected to the Essential Energy network.
To be eligible, you have to:
- operate a solar system with a maximum inverter capacity not exceeding 30 kilowatts
- consume less than 100 megawatt hours (MWh) of electricity a year
- be a retail customer of either Ergon Energy Retail or Origin Energy (if you’re connected to the Essential Energy network)
- be connected to the electricity grid
- have a network connection agreement with an electricity distributor signalling their approval to connect the system to the electricity grid
- have only one solar power system receiving the feed-in tariff per premise
- not be receiving any other tariff (i.e. the 44 cent/kWh feed-in tariff).
The Queensland Competition Authority sets this rate each year and this rate each year and the current rate can be found on its web site, or by contacting your electricity retailer.
If something goes wrong
Find out your rights and who to contact if something goes wrong with your solar power.