Find a medical service
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health services
To find an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health service in your area, check the:
- QAIHC list of Indigenous health services
- HealthInfoNet map of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health/medical services.
Other Indigenous health services available include the:
- Indigenous Youth Health Service – primary health services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples aged 12 to 25
- Townsville Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Services (TAIHS) Medical Clinic – phone 1300 552 252.
Phone 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) at any time for confidential health advice and support. You can speak with a registered nurse and find out what treatment you need.
ATSICHS Oral Health Service
The ATSICHS Oral Health Service in Brisbane has affordable dental care for Indigenous Australians.
Treatment is free for all children under 18.
Townsville Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Services (TAIHS)
TAIHS Dental Clinic offers dental services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
A free transport service is available to and from the clinic.
The Indigenous oral health resource has information for people working, studying or interested in the oral health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Transport to medical services
Check options for travelling to medical appointments in Queensland.
Remote and rural areas
Find health services in remote or rural areas of Queensland.
Find other medical services
Find other medical services in your area including hospitals, medical centres and doctors:
- Find hospitals and health centres by district
- view maps showing hospitals and health services in Queensland
- search for a medical service (hospital, dentist, GP and more) near you.
Before contacting or visiting a hospital or medical service, you can:
- check the health conditions directory for information sheets on many different health conditions and wellbeing.
For more information on immunisations and vaccinations contact:
Find out about breast cancer and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women.
To book a free breast screen, contact:
- your local health worker
- BreastScreen Queensland on 13 20 50.
Contact the Queensland Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26 for information about how to prevent poisoning and first aid when poisoning occurs.
- services and payments to Indigenous Australians
- the Indigenous Access Program, including the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Access Line on 1800 556 955.
- Find a Queensland health service
- Queensland Aboriginal and Islander Health Council (QAIHC)
- Stayin’ Strong radio
- the Lowitja Institute Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health research.