- Queensland auditor handbook for contaminated land
- Module 1: Introduction to the Auditor Framework (PDF, 63KB): outlines the structure and content of the handbook; gives a brief overview of the legislation that regulates their functions; and provides advice on where to find additional information about contaminated land auditors.
- Module 2: Auditor application requirements (PDF, 140KB): explains how to apply to become an auditor in Queensland, either as a new applicant or by mutual recognition of an approval from another state; and explains how to apply to renew an auditor’s existing approval.
- Module 3: Assessment of auditor applications (PDF, 96KB): describes the separate assessment processes for an auditor's first-time application, renewal application, or mutual recognition application; and provides new applicants with advice on how to prepare for the examination and interview.
- Module 4: Code of professional conduct (PDF, 80KB): sets out how an auditor must conduct their functions; lists the legally binding expectations for an auditor's professional behaviour; and lists the obligations for how they administer their work.
- Module 5: Auditor's functions (PDF, 133KB): describes what an auditor does, and how they do it; provides information about how auditors interact with those who own or investigate contaminated land; and gives an overview of how the government oversees the performance of auditors.
- Module 6: Content requirements for contaminated land investigation documents, certifications and audit reports (PDF, 188KB): provides advice about the required content of a contaminated land investigation document, an auditor’s certification, and an audit report.
- The Guideline: Listing and removing land from the registers – ESR/2016/2044 formerly EM1434 provides guidance about when land is listed or removed from the land registers.
- The Guideline: Duty to notify for contaminated land (PDF, 291KB)
- Application for approval as an auditor for contaminated land (DOCX, 118KB)
- Application for a disposal permit for contaminated soil (DOCX, 107KB)
- Submission form for a contaminated land investigation document - ESR/2015/1762 (formerly EM1423) (DOCX, 122KB)
- Duty to notify of environmental harm - ESR/2016/2230 (formerly EM468) (DOCX, 137KB)
- Template for giving written notice about a notifiable activity - ESR/2015/1845 (formerly EM384) (DOCX, 180KB)
- Complaint form for making a compliant about an auditor (PDF, 73KB)
- Notice of intention to enter land (DOCX, 29KB)
- Area management advice for land potentially affected by UXO - ESR/2015/1841 (formerly EM194) (PDF, 38KB)
- Area management advice for land potentially affected by UXO—Western Downs - ESR/2015/1862 (formerly EM1228) (PDF, 39KB)
Resources for suitably qualified persons only
- A site suitability statement template (DOCX, 109KB) for use by suitably qualified persons when preparing a contaminated land investigation document.
- SQP declaration template (DOCX, 107KB)
This template is for use by suitable qualified persons making a declaration under s.566 of the EP Act.
Resources for auditors only
- Auditor's certification and declaration template - ESR/2015/1861 (formerly EM1346) (DOCX, 111KB)
This template is to be used by any auditor to certify a contaminated land investigation document under s.389 of the Environmental Protection Act 1994 (EP Act) and to make a declaration under s.574C of EP Act.
- Template for a support expert's statement (DOCX, 105KB) This template is to be used by any support expert (engaged by an auditor to provide expert advice) to make a statement about specific matters which must accompany the auditor’s certification.
- Auditor’s notification form (DOCX, 101KB) This form is for use by any auditor to notify about a matter as required by the code of professional conduct for auditors.