Making a complaint or reporting an incident about explosives or fireworks


To make a complaint concerning immediate and urgent matters involving explosives (including fireworks and blasting), contact your local police.

General complaints

To make a general complaint, complete the complaint form on the Queensland Government website.

Reporting incidents and complaints directly to the Explosives Inspectorate

To report an incident or emergency, or to report a complaint outside of office hours, contact the Explosives Inspectorate on 1300 739 868 (24 hour emergency response hotline).

Information you provide will be treated confidentially.


  • whether you have called the police
  • your name and address
  • your contact details
  • location of explosives event
  • date and time of event
  • type of event (e.g. fireworks, blasting)
  • names of persons involved, if known.

Complaints about fireworks

You can report your concerns or complaints about fireworks displays.

Nuisance noise from the use of fireworks is the responsibility of the local authority. You can find the contact details of your local authority and lodge a complaint.

Complaints can also be lodged with the Department of Environment and Science on 1300 130 372.

Complaints about blasting activities

Blasting operations may cause excessive noise and vibration in the community. Sometimes rock (referred to as flyrock) may be thrown beyond the exclusion zone for the blast. There may be complaints about other aspects of blasting.

Who to complain to about blasting activities

For noise and vibration contact:

For other blasting complaints contact:

Reporting unusual or suspect activities

To report someone manufacturing or experimenting with homemade explosive devices, or using homemade explosive devices, contact the police or the national security hotline on 1800 123 400.

Reporting illegal use of explosives and explosive devices can help save lives.

Related links