Free apprenticeships for under 25s
Free apprenticeships for under 25s will cover the cost of your training when you choose a high priority apprenticeship or traineeship.
- be employed as a Queensland apprentice or trainee (under a training contract) in a high priority apprenticeship and traineeship qualification
- have commenced (or were already undertaking) your apprenticeship or traineeship between 1 January 2021 and 30 June 2023
- be aged under 25.
There are 139 apprenticeships and traineeships to choose from in various industries, including agriculture, engineering, child care and hospitality.
Approved training providers
To receive the subsidy, make sure your training provider is a Skills Assure supplier (a government-approved training provider).
You can check this by finding a provider on the Queensland Skills Gateway:
- enter the provider’s name or location
- click ‘Find a training provider’
- view the search results at the bottom of the page—if they are an approved provider, they will be listed as ‘Funded’.
How much will I pay
You won’t have to pay any tuition fees but you may have to cover other costs associated with your apprenticeship or traineeship, such as uniform, resource costs or travel to and from your training provider.
A travel and accommodation subsidy is available to eligible apprentices and trainees who are required to travel at least 100kms return to attend the off-the-job training for the apprenticeship or traineeship.
Follow these steps to get started in an apprenticeship or traineeship.
Contact the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training on 1800 210 210 or email@example.com.