Counselling and support groups
If you are in danger right now, call the police or ambulance service on 000 (Triple Zero).
Counselling and support
The following services provide confidential advice and assistance.
- Phone 13 11 14
- DVConnect domestic violence hotline.
- Phone 1800 811 811 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- 1800RESPECT is a national service providing crisis and trauma counselling services to people affected by sexual assault, domestic violence or family violence.
- Phone 1800RESPECT (1800 737 732) (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- beyondblue Support Service provides one-on-one, confidential support with a trained mental health professional.
- Phone 1300 22 4636 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Chat (3pm to 12am (AEST)
- Email (get a response within 24 hours)
- Kids Helpline
- Phone 1800 55 1800
- Anti Discrimination Commission Queensland provides information about, and assists with, complaints of discrimination, sexual harassment, vilification, victimisation and other contraventions of the Anti- Discrimination Act.
- Grow is a community-based organisation that has helped thousands of Australians recover from mental illness through a unique program of mutual support and personal development. Phone 1800 558 268.
- Legal Aid Queensland provides free legal information and advice as well as legal assistance to financially and socially disadvantaged Queenslanders. Phone 1300 651 188.
- Logan Women's Health and Wellbeing Centre provides free counselling and support groups to women and girls over 14 in the Logan and Redlands area. Phone (07) 3808 9233.
- The Elder Abuse Prevention Unit is a statewide telephone information, support and referral service for anyone experiencing abuse or witnessing the abuse of an older person. Phone 1300 651 192.
- The Queensland Government provides a free, statewide information, resource and referral service on disability issues. Phone 13 QGOV (13 74 68).
- Parentline is a confidential telephone counselling service for parents or primary caregivers. Phone 1300 301 300.
- Women’s Health Queensland Wide is a health information service for Queensland women staffed by nurses and midwives. Phone (07) 3839 9988 or 1800 017 676 (outside Brisbane).
- Women’s Legal Service is a specialist community legal centre providing free legal and social work services to Queensland women helping with domestic violence and family law issues. Phone (07) 3392 0670 or 1800 677 278 (outside Brisbane) or the Rural, Regional and Remote Legal Advice Line 1800 457 117.