Counselling and support groups
If you are in danger right now, call the police or ambulance service on 000 (Triple Zero).
Counselling and support
The following services provide confidential advice and assistance.
- Phone 13 11 14
- DVConnect domestic violence hotline.
- Phone 1800 811 811 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- 1800RESPECT is a national service providing crisis and trauma counselling services to people affected by sexual assault, domestic violence or family violence.
- Phone 1800RESPECT (1800 737 732) (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- beyondblue Support Service provides one-on-one, confidential support with a trained mental health professional.
- Phone 1300 22 4636 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Chat (3pm to 12am (AEST)
- Email (get a response within 24 hours)
- Kids Helpline
- Phone 1800 55 1800
- Queensland Human Rights Commission provides information about, and assists with, complaints of discrimination, sexual harassment, vilification, victimisation and other contraventions of the Anti-Discrimination Act. It also provides information about, and assists with, human rights complaints under the Human Rights Act 2019.
- Children by Choice provides unbiased information, support and referral options for Queensland women experiencing an unplanned pregnancy and for those requiring post abortion counselling. Phone 1800 177 725.
- Elder Abuse Prevention Unit is a statewide telephone information, support and referral service for anyone experiencing abuse or witnessing the abuse of an older person. Phone 1300 651 192.
- Grow is a community-based organisation that has helped thousands of Australians recover from mental illness through a unique program of mutual support and personal development. Phone 1800 558 268.
- Legal Aid Queensland provides free legal information and advice as well as legal assistance to financially and socially disadvantaged Queenslanders. Phone 1300 651 188.
- The Queensland Government provides a free, statewide information, resource and referral service on disability issues. Phone 13 QGOV (13 74 68).
- Parentline is a confidential telephone counselling service for parents or primary caregivers. Phone 1300 301 300.
- Women’s Health Queensland is a health information service for Queensland women staffed by nurses and midwives. Phone (07) 3216 0376 or 1800 017 676 (outside Brisbane).
- Women’s Legal Service provides legal assistance on a broad range of issues affecting women, such as family law and domestic violence. Phone the Statewide Legal Advice Helpline on 1800 957 957 from Monday to Friday, 9am to 3pm. If you live in a regional area, you can also phone the Rural, Regional and Remote Priority Legal Advice Line on 1800 457 177 on Tuesdays from 9.30am to 1.30pm.