Get help and advice for child sexual abuse
- In an emergency, phone Triple Zero (000).
- Phone your local police station about criminal matters related to child sexual abuse.
- If you have reason to suspect a child is experiencing, or is at risk of, sexual abuse, find out how to report child abuse.
- For general advice phone Child Safety Services on:
- 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- 1800 177 135 (free call).
- Phone Parentline on 1300 30 1300. It’s a free, confidential phone service that offers counselling and referrals (8am to 10pm, 7 days a week).
- Phone Bravehearts toll free support line on 1800 272 831 (8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday AEST). It can be accessed by anyone wanting information, advice and support relating to child sexual assault, and how to proceed to protect and support their loved one.
- If you are an adult who has been a victim of child abuse phone the Blue Knot Helpline on 1300 657 380 to talk to an experienced trauma therapist.
- Phone the ChildWise National Child Abuse Prevention Helpline on 1800 991 099 for advice around child abuse.
- The Sexual Assault Disclosure Scheme provides adult survivors of child sexual assault with a non-threatening and anonymous way to officially register their experience with authorities.
- Read more information about child sexual abuse and how to report it:
- Child sexual abuse: Things you need to know
- Read about care and support options for adult survivors of child abuse.
- The National Association for Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect (NAPCAN) advocates on behalf of children and young people and aims to prevent child abuse through their campaigns and programs.
Support is also available from: