Family support and healing
Family and Child Connect
Family and Child Connect is a free service to help you with the challenges of parenthood.
Family and Child Connect will talk to you about your worries, and connect you to local services that can help with:
- developing your parenting skills and managing your child’s behaviour
- building better relationships between family members, including help with any violence at home
- budgeting and managing money
- managing alcohol, drug or gambling problems
- accessing housing, health care or other community or government services.
Call 13 FAMILY (13 32 64) or visit the Family and Child Connect website.
South-East Queensland’s Child & Family Centre offers culturally appropriate help for people who care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children. Phone the Child & Family Centre on 07 3200 4762, or visit them at 6 Glenda Street, Waterford West QLD 4113.
Ganyjuu family support services
South-East Queensland’s Ganyjuu Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corporation for Family Support Services offers culturally appropriate help for people who care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children. Phone Ganyjuu on 07 3808 9957.
Kirrawe Indigenous Corporation
Based on the Gold Coast, the Kirrawe Indigenous Corporation provides culturally responsive services to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families.
Kummara Family Care Centre
The Kummara Family Care Centre in Brisbane’s West End provides services such as referrals, advocacy, education, training and social and recreational groups.
Link-up Queensland helps Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples separated from their family by helping them find family members and providing counselling before, and after they are found.
Contact Parentline on 1300 30 1300 for parenting tip sheets and support.
- Child and Family Support Hubs
- Working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander parents
- Lifeline—phone 13 11 14
- Medicare—Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Access Line—phone 1800 556 955
- Relationships Australia—phone 1300 364 277