Brisbane 2032 procurement
Get ready to supply to Brisbane 2032
Brisbane 2032 will create a 20-year pipeline of opportunities and be a catalyst for Queensland businesses to create valuable new partnerships and supply chains.
The Buy Queensland approach will underpin the procurement strategy for Brisbane 2032. This will ensure as many Queensland businesses as possible are part of the significant supply chain associated with the Games.
Now is the time to get supply-ready
Hosting the world’s single largest event will provide significant opportunities that require lead-in time for businesses to prepare. Now is the time for all Queensland businesses to:
- Gain experience tendering and supplying to government
- Build business capability for supplying to government
- Understand the business requirements for supplying to government.
Gain experience tendering and supplying to government
Gaining experience in tendering and supplying, along with acting to build business capability and understanding, will help ensure you are well positioned for Brisbane 2032 opportunities. There are a range of things you can do now:
- Create a business profile on QTenders to receive automatic notification of upcoming Queensland Government tender opportunities.
- Search the Queensland Government’s Forward Procurement Pipeline to identify future procurement opportunities.
- Check for Local Government procurement opportunities at LocalBuy, and Australian Government opportunities at Austender.
- Participate in business information sessions for advice and assistance on tendering for government.
Build your business capability to supply to the Queensland Government
Now is the time to build your business capability to optimise your opportunities to supply to government now and for Brisbane 2032.
- Develop a business capability statement that describes your value proposition by outlining the technical skills, competencies and experience that positions your business above others.
- Gain direct experience supplying to government by participating in a tender process, delivering a contract directly or by working in the supply chain of a government contract.
- Strengthen your business networks by participating in industry networking events to promote your business and build new partnerships.
- Follow the steps to improve your tender approach.
- Identify skills gaps in how you tender for business and seek ways to address them such as requesting a supplier debriefing following an unsuccessful tender to identify future improvements.
Understand the business requirements for supplying to government
The Queensland Government seeks to engage suppliers who demonstrate ethical, environmental and socially responsible business practices.
- Review the Queensland Government Supplier Code of Conduct
- Review the Supplier Guide to Government Procurement
- Ensure your business meets the ethical supplier requirements of the Ethical Supplier Mandate and Ethical Supplier Threshold.
Find out if your business is ready to tender and supply to government
Our 'Fit to supply' quiz will help you find out if your business is ready to develop and deliver tender contracts to the Queensland Government.
The quiz takes about 15 minutes and will provide a personalised report that highlights your business’ strengths and opportunities for further development.