Skip links and keyboard navigation

Get a property industry licence or registration

Moving to Queensland?

You can transfer a current, valid licence from interstate or New Zealand to the equivalent licence in Queensland.

Find out what to do

What's changed

New laws came into effect on 1 December 2014, including:

These new laws have reduced red tape for your business.

You can:

Read the full changes

Property developers

You no longer need a licence.

Resident letting agents

We have relaxed some of the restrictions on resident letting agents.

Pastoral house agents

We have phased out the specific licences for pastoral house agents. Under the new law:

  • pastoral house corporations are now licensed as real estate agents, auctioneers (real property) and chattel auctioneers
  • pastoral house managers and directors are now licensed as real estate agents
  • pastoral house salespeople are now registered as real estate salespeople and licensed as both auctioneers (real property) and chattel auctioneers.
  • pastoral house auctioneers will be transitioned to become auctioneers (real property) and chattel auctioneers.
Last updated
1 May 2015

Page feedback

Your privacy

Information collected through this form is used to improve this website.

Any information you submit that could identify you (e.g. name, email address) will be stored securely, and destroyed after we process your feedback.

  1. This page was
  2. We want this information to be the best it can be and we know we can’t do it without you. Let us know what you thought of this page and what other information you would like to see.

    We do not reply to feedback. Contact us if you need a response.

  3. Contact (optional)