Get a property industry licence or registration
Moving to Queensland?
You can transfer a current, valid licence from interstate or New Zealand to the equivalent licence in Queensland.
New laws came into effect on 1 December 2014, including:
- Property Occupations Act 2014
- Property Occupations Regulation 2014
- Agents Financial Administration Act 2014
- Agents Financial Administration Regulation 2014
These new laws have reduced red tape for your business.
- find out about any changes to your licence
- download the new forms
- visit our YouTube channel to watch our information sessions.
You no longer need a licence.
Resident letting agents
We have relaxed some of the restrictions on resident letting agents.
Pastoral house agents
We have phased out the specific licences for pastoral house agents. Under the new law:
- pastoral house corporations are now licensed as real estate agents, auctioneers (real property) and chattel auctioneers
- pastoral house managers and directors are now licensed as real estate agents
- pastoral house salespeople are now registered as real estate salespeople and licensed as both auctioneers (real property) and chattel auctioneers.
- pastoral house auctioneers will be transitioned to become auctioneers (real property) and chattel auctioneers.