Skip links and keyboard navigation

Transfer to a Queensland property licence

You must hold a Queensland licence or registration. However, you can apply to transfer a licence from:

  • another Australian state or territory
  • New Zealand.

This is known as mutual recognition.

We have separate forms for licences and registrations.

Form for licences (PDF, 463 KB)

Form for registrations (PDF, 450 KB)


When you lodge the form, you will need to attach a copy of your valid, current non-Queensland licence.

You may continue to work while we process your application. However, you must:

  • follow any restrictions set out on your non-Queensland licence
  • stop working if the licence expires
  • retain the receipt for payment of the application
  • show your receipt to an inspector if they ask to see it.


We will also require a certified copy of any of the following documents:

  • Birth certificate or extract
  • Driver's licence
  • Passport
  • Citizenship certificate

If you have changed your name, we will need evidence of the change. You must provide us with the official document that registered the change. This will need to be an original or certified copy.


You will need to pay the following fees when you lodge your application.

Class of licence Fee for 1 year Fee for 3 years
Full licence $1,377.30 $2,582.30
Registered salesperson $323.00 $548.90

You will also need to pay the criminal history check fee of $39.00.

Criminal history check

You must have a criminal history check to confirm your suitability. This will be thorough and time consuming.

Processing time

The processing time is 4–6 weeks. This can take longer if your application is not complete. This might be because of:

  • missing information
  • unpaid fees.

We will contact you if you submitted an incomplete application. You will need to complete the application before we can proceed. Otherwise, we may withdraw your application.


Depending on your circumstances, you may be entitled to a partial refund if:

  • you withdraw your application
  • we refuse your application.

You may also get a refund on the fee for your criminal history check if it hasn’t been started yet.

Corporate licences

You cannot get mutual recognition for a corporate real estate licence. You must apply for a new licence.

We issue the following types of corporate licences:

  • Real estate agency
  • Limited real estate agency (business letting)
  • Auction house

Starting to operate

Do you know your legal requirements?

Once you have your licence, you will need to follow a range of legal requirements.

Penalties may apply if you breach these requirements.

Managing your business

Handling a property transaction

Breaches and penalties

Certified documents

A photocopy is not a certified copy unless you do the following.

Take the original document and a copy of that document to:

  • a Justice of the Peace (JP)
  • a Commissioner for Declarations (C.dec)
  • a solicitor or barrister
  • a notary public.

They will:

  • stamp and/or sign the copy
  • write 'This is a true copy of the original document' on the copy.

This now becomes a certified copy.

Find a JP or C.dec in your area

If you visit any of our locations, you can bring the original document with you and one of our officers wil make a certified copy.

Please do not post us the original documents.

Last updated
30 June 2017
  1. Is your feedback about:
  2. (If you chose ‘website’ above)

    Page feedback

    1. How satisfied are you with your experience today? *
  3. (If you chose ‘service’ above)

    Feedback on government services, departments and staff

    Please use our complaints and compliments form.